In 2008, Pakistan launched a crop loan insurance scheme. This was the outcome of a two-year effort of the Central Bank’s Task Force on Crop Loan Insurance which comprised representatives from banks, insurance companies, farmers, and the federal government.
In this webinar, two of the Task Force members, Kashif Umar Thanvi, HBL, and Azfar Arshad, Jubilee General Insurance discussed how the insurance product was developed and the challenges faced in its implementation.
- Agricultural Insurance in Latin America: Developing the Market
- Agricultural Insurance in Sub-Saharan Africa: Can it Work?
- Forum for Agricultural Risk Management in Development: Video Interviews on agricultural insurance
- InnovatIons In Insuring the Poor: Providing Weather Index and Indemnity Insurance in Ethiopia
- Index Insurance for Agriculture: Recent Experiences from LAC
- Promoting Access to Agricultural Insurance in Developing Countries
- Weather Index Insurance for Agriculture: Guidance for Development Practicioners
- Weather Index-based crop insurance in Malawi
Visit Forum for Agricultural Risk Management in Development for additional resources on agricultural risk management.