On March 26, 2013, Mr. Andrew Barr-Sim, Managing Director of Drum Commodities, shared his lessons and insights on commodity collateral management in Africa, drawing on his most recent experience as Managing Director of Drum Commodities Limited, UK.
During the webinar Mr. Barr-Sim discussed the services Drum Commodities offers to banks active in structured trade and commodity finance, including collateral management, on-site product monitoring, warehouse inspections, and project surveys.
- Collateral Management Agreement (CMA); An Open Door to Finance Imported and Exported Products in Africa, by Marc Lapointe, Regional Vice President, Europe, Africa & Middle East, Certispec Service, Cameroon
- Collateral Management: an Introduction, by Kartik Chandrashekar, Wipro Technologies
- Implementing Warehouse Receipt System in Africa: Potential and Challenges, by Gideon Onumah, Senior Fellow, Natural Resources Institute, UK
- The role of warehouse receipt systems in enhanced commodity marketing and rural livelihoods in Africa, by Jonathan Coulter and Gideon Onumah, Natural Resources Institute, UK
- Warehouse Receipt Financing: a Banking Perspective, United States Agency for International Development, Rural Speed Project
- Warehouse Receipts: Financing Agricultural Producers, joint publication of Weidemann Associates, Inc. and Development Alternatives, Inc., through the USAID-funded MicroServe Indefinite Quantity Contract and Microenterprise Best Practices Project
- Warehouse Receipts Help Fill Africa’s Agricultural Financing Gap, by Michael Kurdyla, International Finance Corporation (IFC).
|Drum Commodities: What We Do|
|Warehouse Receipts Help Fill Africa’s Agricultural Financing Gap. International Finance Corporation (IFC) & Ethiopia Commodity Exchange.||IFC Trade Finance: Helping Farmers in Paraguay Improve Production and Food Security. International Finance Corporation|