Speaker: Robert Pascal, NMB, Tanzania
When: April 18, 2013, 9:00 AM -10:00 AM EDT
Warehouse receipt finance enables agricultural producers and traders to obtain post-harvest credit which is secured by commodities stored in warehouses. This type of financing requires an adequate regulatory framework, availability of secure warehouses, and banks who are familiar with and are willing to offer the product.
In this webinar Robert Pascal, Head of Agribusiness at National Microfinance Bank Plc (NMB) in Tanzania shared NMB's experience with warehouse receipt financing.
- Expanding post-harvest finance through warehouse receipts and related instruments, by Agricultural and Rural Development, World Bank
- Implementing Warehouse Receipt System in Africa: Potential and Challenges, by Gideon Onumah, Senior Fellow, Natural Resources Institute, UK
- Inventory-backed financing for coffee and cotton in Tanzania: financing manual, study sponsored by the Common Fund for Commodities under a project managed by the Natural Resources Institute (UK)
- Review of Warehouse Receipt System and Inventory Credit Initiatives in Eastern & Southern Africa, Report commissioned by UNCTAD under the All ACP Agricultural Commodities Programme (AAACP)
- The use of warehouse receipt finance in agriculture in transition countries, Joint publication of the World Bank, EBRD, and FAO
- Warehouse Receipts and Securitization in Agricultural Finance, by Henry Deeb Gabriel, Professor of Law, Elon University (United States of America); member of the UNIDROIT Governing Council.
- Warehouse Receipt Financing: a Banking Perspective, United States Agency for International Development, Rural Speed Project
- Warehouse Receipts: Financing Agricultural Producers, joint publication of Weidemann Associates, Inc. and Development Alternatives, Inc., through the USAID-funded MicroServe Indefinite Quantity Contract and Microenterprise Best Practices Project
- Warehouse Receipts Help Fill Africa’s Agricultural Financing Gap, by Michael Kurdyla, International Finance Corporation (IFC).