This is a webinar presentation featuring lessons from KCB Bank Rwanda in financing small-scale farmers using a value chain approach.
Using an innovative value chain finance model, KCB Bank Rwanda has increased lending to farmers substantially.
Mr. George Odhiambo, Head of Business Development and Client Services discussed the following:
- Motivation behind the new financing model
- How the bank identifies and builds relationships with the key value chain actors
- Key features and innovative aspects of the model, including inventory credit and insurance
- Processes for loan appraisal; approval; and monitoring, and
- Results to date and lessons learned